Thursday, July 31, 2014

Rustic Chic Canister Labels

Hello Friends!


Do you remember this label, from here? It was the first of my new canister labels, and here is the second of two (so far). I'll be making more - for pasta, rice, beans, brown sugar, etc.


I'd labeled these canisters before; I painted a chalkboard square on each of them, but I found that it was difficult to write on smaller containers with chalk and the chalk rubbed off easily. A change was needed...


I know I'm becoming really repetitious but here it is again - I made these labels from printable vinyl and cut them on the Silhouette. They're great for kitchen jars; they're water resistant so they can be hand-washed without damaging the labels.


I wanted a rustic look so I chose a distressed and vintage (looking) font and a chalkboard background, as well. The shape is even a little irregular - all small details that add to the desired imperfect look of the finished product. Just what I had in mind!

 
Every day I find new ways to use my Silhouette Cameo and for so many different projects: home design, cards, gifts, organization, office products. It's kind of amazing, especially because it's so easy for a home crafter to use.
 

One of the best things about being creative now is the abundance of information about whatever your creative pursuit might be. There are so many YouTube videos, Facebook groups, and manufacturer and vendor web sites that it's easy to find answers to almost any question you'd have.


If you're thinking about trying something new, start learning now. With so much free information available, you'll know exactly what to do when it comes time to make your first project!

~ M ~

1 comment: