Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Kitchen Aid Mixer Update

Hello Friends!


Can you believe we're more than half way through summer already?! I hope yours is going well and that you're having all kinds of fun.


I had fun today...sprucing up my Kitchen Aid mixer. I love this mixer - so functional and sturdy and solid. I didn't think I could love it more until I got a look at a few pictures from Pinterest. That got me inspired!


Although I couldn't find the exact picture, I saw another mixer with cherries on it and - given my love of red and the general happy nature of cherries - that's the design I went with.


The cherries are made from printed vinyl and as I said yesterday, they're semi-permanent and water-resistant once applied (they can be peeled off if you work at it for awhile). I didn't follow a specific plan when I applied them, just turned the mixer around as I went to make sure they weren't too close together.


I printed and cut 26 cherry decals and ended up using 16 of them...so far. I needed to walk away before I added more; I was afraid I'd end up with wall-to-wall cherries.


Although it's done for now, I'm pretty sure I'll make a few more additions before I call it completely finished. I'm thinking something to do with polka dots...


I'm so happy I spruced up my mixer. It's such a small thing but certainly adds a pop of cheer to my kitchen décor.


~ M ~

No comments:

Post a Comment