Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Vinyl'd Cutting Board - Version 1

Hello Friends!
 

Oh my heavens, what a crafting day it's been. Quite frustrating, actually, but that's the way the creative life is. It all started out so well...and then it took a turn.


I wanted to decorate some small cutting boards. I knew I wanted a doily-like pattern so I logged into the Silhouette store and found two designs I liked pretty quickly - one for a round cutting board and one for a square.


I downloaded my selected designs, resized them for my projects and cut them on the Silhouette. After they were cut, I weeded out the vinyl that was not part of the design and transferred the designs to transfer tape.


I applied the first design (the black one) to the cutting board and it was completely off center. And here's the thing about this vinyl...it's pretty unforgiving. Once stuck, you can pull it up again if you want to. But it's not pretty. I didn't even want to take a picture!


With hopes high, I tried to use a different method of application for the second (red) one. And it? Was a tiny bit more successful. But not enough to make it, you know, good. It was folded on itself and bumpy and...a fail!


So I struck out on both projects today...like I said, frustrating. But I'm not giving up. It's the nature of the creative beast.
 
This may not ever be my favorite medium but I'm determined to figure out a way to make it work. I'm not going to let this vinyl get the better of me! 
 
~ M ~

1 comment: