Friday, July 25, 2014

Baby Girl Gift Tile

Hello Friends!
 

Happy Friday to everyone! I hope you have big plans for the weekend. Ours involve a little house cleaning and a lot of avoiding the heat. It's sort of a summer routine around our house. :)

 
Today, I designed and created a gift for a couple I know who recently had a baby. In case it's not obvious, it was a girl and her name begins with a 'P'! As for the rest of her name, I've edited it out since I have no idea what other folks like to share about their children and what they don't. I'd rather err on the side of respecting their privacy.

 
This project was created using a 6x8" ceramic tile (with a design that emulates marble), colored vinyl, printable vinyl, a Silhouette Cameo and a printer. I found the tile at the ReStore; I'm sure it was less than a dollar.


To get started on this project, I first cleaned the tile well. Then I cut the pink vinyl, weeded it, and transferred it to the tile. In the process of weeding and transferring, I lost two small vinyl elements - can you tell what they are? I'll recut and add them tomorrow morning; I still have a few days before I plan on giving this gift.


After I transferred the pink vinyl, I printed and cut the 'vitals' label and transferred that to the tile. Both types of vinyl are permanent and water resistant; this tile can be cleaned gently with warm water and a mild dish soap - no scrubbing, though!

 
After I replace the two missing elements, I'll add felt circles to the corners of the tile back and it'll be done. All ready to tie up with a bow and be gifted to a great family!
 
~ M ~

No comments:

Post a Comment