Friday, August 22, 2014

Going Forward

From Pinterest
Did anybody show up Tuesday? I apologize for not being here...just a few last minute changes that couldn't be completed in time. But now I'm back on the interwebs, managing my little digital corner of the world.

So...Paisley Press. It's different, huh? I feel so good about the direction; I hope you feel the same.
While I was gone, I didn't get nearly as much done as I hoped to. I did a lot of thinking...about this blog and my life and my bank account. It's all important stuff. Here's a bit of what I thought...

I'm interested in home and family and small spaces and lots of light and easy maintenance and happy colors. I want my house home to feel comfortable and welcoming and happy from the moment people walk in the door. I want shoes off and feet up and blankets and pillows and naps and fun and comfortable. I'd LOVE a kitchen like the aspirational one in the picture above. I want people to visit and never want to leave.  

I, like almost everyone I know, am on a budget. I, like everyone else I know, need to earn an income. So I'm going to try to decorate my farmhouse by helping others decorate theirs. That's just a complicated way of saying I'm going to start focusing more on home goods in this blog and in my etsy store. I'm going to create things that I'd like to live with and offer them for sale to others who might want to enjoy them, too. 
 
To me, farmhouse decorating isn't just one look; there are fancy farmhouses, rustic farmhouses, modern farmhouses, romantic farmhouses, and patriotic farmhouses. I think there are a few things all farmhouses, however, have in common: wood furniture and floors (both natural and painted), comfortable accessories, a lack of shiny surfaces, and great spaces to gather.

I'm just starting out with a few products: pillows, kitchen stuff, signs, and monograms. Wait...what? I didn't mention the monograms? They don't seem 'farmhouse' to you? Well I'm here to convert the world - a monogram for every farmhouse! Or at least a few napkins, table runners, and pillows.
 
So that's where we're headed: less paper, more pillows; less glue stick more gingham; less there, more here...
 
Home Sweet Home

Glad to be back.
 
~ M ~

P.S.  More to come - the etsy store and giveaways on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I want that kitchen! I am looking forward to your Etsy store....

    ReplyDelete