Thursday, July 10, 2014

Anniversary Monogram Tile

Hello Friends!
 

Well...I have had a very frustrating week! Everything seems to be upside down and inside out...not in a major way but certainly in my creative world. Lots of attempts, lots of things falling short, lots of tossing out and doing over.
 

For all of the frustration, at least I'm learning a lot! I worked on this project today, creating an anniversary monogram with a tile (scrounged from my neighbor!) and vinyl cut on the Silhouette.
 

The tile is 12x12 so it's fairly large and a little heavy. It has no hanging hardware and I'm not sure I'd want to hang one of these - the back would almost certainly scratch the wall. Standing it in a plate stand is the perfect way to display it.


I bought this font already split (the split is where the name and date are filled in). It's great for monogramming because of the ornate detail. Some of the very small elements were difficult to keep intact when transferring the vinyl from the cutting mat to the tile. I had to jump through a few hoops to get it together. Not perfect but perfection is overrated anyway...right?!


I also created a houndstooth alphabet for everyone to use (monogram or otherwise) - I'm attaching both .jpg and .png files to this post so anyone can download it and use it for luggage tags, cards, or gift tags. It's a high resolution file so the letters can be resized fairly easily. Try it out!


Here are all of the goodies for download - I hope you're able to use them!

 
Stay tuned.
 
~ M ~

No comments:

Post a Comment