Friday, June 27, 2014

Stars, Stripes, and Freedom

Hello Friends!
 
 
Wow, have I been busy! Lots of catching up to do here at Paisley Press so I'm just jumping in. Organization, design, redesign and more red, white and blue coming your way.

 
Remember this? I took care of that mess in no time; the picture above is the after. I'm much happier with this clean and easy-to-access storage 'system'. Organization, although tedious at times, is always so worth it in the end! Don't you think so?



In that same post, I created my first project with adhesive vinyl: two acrylic mugs. The more I looked at them, the more I thought they needed to be redone. So I stripped the vinyl off the mugs and created a few new designs.


After the designs are cut, the excess vinyl in the design needs to be removed before the vinyl is transferred. I, however, removed the actual monogram itself. Whaaaaat? Epic fail! Needless to say, I recut the design and left the monogram intact while removing all of the extraneous bits.



Once all of the extra vinyl was removed, I used clear contact paper to transfer the vinyl to the mugs. Using white cardstock in the mugs to take these pictures shows the completed designs much better than trying to photograph them empty. So much happier with the new looks! 

 
Now it's time to bring on the 4th of July! I designed new cupcake flags, bunting tags and a Freedom banner that are all starred and striped to celebrate the holiday in style.



The bunting tags are just separate cardstock shapes that I cut out and then attached to the cake plate with two-sided tape. They aren't perfectly spaced or perfectly even but I love the way they dress up the plate. I covered the edges with plain white ribbon to give the bunting a finished look.


The cupcake picks are the same as the bunting - just longer and two-sided so they're patriotic from every angle. Again, so easy to make, just cut and glue and these picks are ready for dressing up any cupcake that comes their way.



The Freedom garland was created using the same stars-and-stripes pattern as the bunting and picks - they're all coordinated for decorating ease. Using my go-to baker's twine and glittered red clothespins are just the finishing touches needed to put this little garland over the top.





 
Don't be too disappointed but I don't have files to share today! I have a few issues with my file sharing platform so I'll get those straightened out and make the files available as soon as possible. I'm even going to work on it tomorrow - hopefully I can resolve it quickly!
 
Stay tuned.
 
~ M ~

No comments:

Post a Comment