Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Monarch Butterfly

Hello Friends!
 
 
It's butterfly week here at Paisley Press. I know I've designed a few butterflies before but this one, this monarch butterfly, is my favorite yet. Designed in two layers, one is intricate and the other simple, creating a layered butterfly with all kinds of design potential.











 

To create this design, I traced (with software) a monarch butterfly from a clipart original and then turned it into a Silhouette cut file. The first time I cut the intricate layer, the detail was much too small for a clean cut. I enlarged the design and removed some of the tiniest details. The next cut was clean and precise.
 
You can see, by the picture variations, that there are a multitude of ways to produce this butterfly. The black on white is my favorite, although the blue and white design is lovely, too. I'll be using this monarch butterfly in a few more projects this week - already making plans for what's going to be next - so be sure to check back for new stuff! 
 
I'm working, too, on a design for a printable version of this butterfly - one that doesn't require a Silhouette to make. Hopefully, I'll have that for you, and a cut file for Silhouette peeps, by Thursday at the latest.
 
Stay tuned.
 
~ M ~

No comments:

Post a Comment